vendredi 14 janvier 2011

S.A.D.

Today is one of those winter days that should happen much more often. Bright, sunny, clear blue sky and a warmth already coming through that means I shall be able to sit outside at lunchtime. Jonny the pet pigeon will probably risk a short flight around the house, the cats and dogs will potter out to lie in the grass and the mud in the horses' field might ease up a little. Who knows, the washing, which has been on the line for five days, might even dry!
The older I get, the more I hate winter. To be even more exact, the more I hate this period of winter that stretches from New Year to March, or even April, when at last we can begin to be assured that the majority of days will be pleasant again. Seasonal Affective Disorder? Possibly, although I think it is just another fancy label for something that many of us feel. Sunshine lifts the spirits, the days are blessed with more light at both ends, the world seems to have hope again. I need more of it. I don't need an artifical light box, I need real sunshine. Seems churlish to whinge, when people in Australia, Brazil and other unfortunate places are suffering from terrible floods, so I apologise...but, if you are listening, weather God...we ALL need more sunshine!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire